Friday, November 16, 2012

Lisa's Favorite Things

Just some of my favorite things... and my favorite things to dream about! Brett said that all he wants for Christmas is me.. so I think that means I can get a few extra things off my list, right? ;) Hehe. I love that boy.


This is my FAVORITE hair product! My mom sent me a little sample bottle last year in a care package, and I am crazy about it! It really is a miracle product. It claims to do 10 things for your hair including de-frizzing, protecting, straightening, and to top it off, it smells really good! Before I found this product, I used probably 3 or 4 different (super expensive) products on my hair daily: BioSilk (which is SUPER expensive, but it  has other uses besides hair too so I will still recommend it), Chi Iron Guard, a leave-in conditioner, and maybe some balm or something. My hair gets REALLY dry, fizzy, and brittle if I don't put product in it after I shower- so at night I'd either have to dry it completely and straighten a little if I didn't want matted, gross hair the next day, or just go with the ugly hair the next day. 

This one product transformed all of that! Now, after I shower, I spray it on 2 TIMES, then brush it through my wet/damp hair. That's it! I can go to sleep, and the next day when  if I wake up late, I don't have to worry too much about my hair. It's soft, smells great, and very silky. I still use the Chi Iron Guard if I am going to use heat on dry hair, but otherwise, this is the only hair product I use. Very occasionally, I don't put it in (why, I don't know) and there is a noticeable difference in my hair. I totally recommend it for ALL hair types. A 10 oz bottle is about $30, but I have the 4oz. bottle which is about $10, depending on where you get it. The great thing is, you don't have to use a lot- 2-3 sprays, so it's very economical for what you get. I got the 4oz for Christmas last year, and I still have about half the bottle left, and I've used it every day for about a year. So it is really like cents a day! The perfect gift for a wife, girlfriend, sister, or anyone! They also have tons of different awesome products that I'd love to try.


Vanilla Bean Paste

I've heard sooo many great things about this product, so I am so excited. I've been researching the different types of vanilla (weird), and this seems like the perfect fit, especially for custards, pastry creams, and ice cream. I've heard there is a HUGE bottle of this at Orson Gygi in SLC.. so I might have to get it next time I'm up there and not buy anything for the next few months lol. I would love to receive this (hint: Brett) for my bday or Christmas! This is coming from the girl who asked for a rolling pin when I was 7 for Christmas (???) and a bundt pan for my birthday 2 years ago.. (Super weird)

iPhone

The best thing that ever happened to me (Besides my family.. the Gospel.. my husband.. school.. it's a 10... Ok, but you get the point) 
I love how synced my world is. I love my iPhone! I tried a droid phone and hated it so I switched to this (and got $50 back!) a few days after it died on my and went all wacky one day after the phone came out. 


Avocados
Avo's are actually fruits, not veggies! FFOTD. These are an excellent source of a healthy fat, and are just delicious. 
Perfect to have on hand for a guacamole, sandwiches, omelets, wraps, etc. My new favorite lunch is an open avocado-tomato sandwich that my boss served to me a few times. Just toast some bread, spread mayo (I don't like mayo so I omit), smash a ripe avo in a bowl or just right on the bread, and slice a few slices of tomato on top. Sprinkle with salt/pepper.. so yummy! 

Brett LOVES milk, and so it's been great to have .75 off milk coupons off of this site! they also have $1 off any brand cheese (more than 2lb), and lots of bogo's on new products. There's a lot of stuff I don't eat on there, but if you're a big cereal fan, they usually have good GE coupons and I occasionally find some for treats Brett likes. My latest find was some coupons for Tillamook yogurt.. SO good!



Tongs
These are by far the most used tool in my kitchen that I got for our wedding! They are perfect for frying, sauteing, and just... anything! Oh my goodness. I love them. 


Peppermint Essential Oil
I work for a doTERRA consultant, and I  haven't tried many oils, but for some reason, Brett and I are always experiencing headaches. We go through Excedrin like it's candy at our house. I really wanted to try and find alternatives to just plain old medications and drugs, and I think I've found a good solution! We just rub a few drops on our foreheads and temples, and it immediately cools and helps it feel better. I love the smell too!

Student Discounts
Especially in our town, pretty much anywhere you go you can find a student discount- Most of the time, just ask! We've gotten discounts at almost all our favorite restaurants (not like there are many to choose from! lol), haircuts, and services.


These are just a few of my favorite things... what are some of yours? Have you tried any of these products?






1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I swear by doTERRA. This sounds nasty, but the Oregano oil got rid of a plantar wart on the bottom of my foot without a single visit to the doctor. Miracle worker! I'm gonna have to try out it's a 10 though. Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete