Friday, January 4, 2013

A Hawaiian Holiday

My wonderful mom and Brett surprised me with a trip to HAWAII for Thanksgiving this year! I thought we were going to Arizona for Thanksgiving, only to get off the freeway when we got to Las Vegas to go to the airport! What a wonderful and happy surprise!
 
All of us meeting up at the Honolulu Airport
 
ALOHA from the Childs!   
 My mom has a driver for all the times she is in Hawaii, Mr. Lee. He brought us these warm, delicious Malasadas when he greeted us at the airport! Yummmm!
Huge turtle that came up on shore at Turtle Bay
Brett and KJ enjoying their many, many plates of Gyoza!

At the Laie Hawaii Temple. It was stunning!
The Visitor's center in Hawaii


Kahuku High, where my mom went to High School. This was the day of the state football championships, and Kahuku was playing (apparently they play in it every year, and win) (oh, they won)

Our Thanksgiving Feast
My mom arranged for a scuba diver to come down into the tank full of sea creatures with a sign that wished me an early birthday. It was the COOLEST birthday wish I'd ever gotten in my life!

The whole clan at the dinner. It was amazing!


Thanksgiving Day Ice Cream at the famous Lapperts. I got Coconut Macadamia Chocolate Chip.


Thanksgiving day lunch


This one bird would not stop pestering us at the table we were sitting at outside and I did not like it! Everyone else tried feeding it and everything, but I pouted and had to get away before I freaked out!


We were at the beach every spare minute we got! It was amazingly blue and clear and beautiful!
On the North Shore at Matsumotos Shaved Ice. it was soooo yummy!
Beautiful Leis



The BEST Holiday ever!! Thanks again Mom! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment